April 2-5, 2020
For Level 2 Avalanche For Rescue Personnel
- Lodging and classroom in Frasier, CO
- Field sessions on Berthoud Pass, CO
Sponsored by the Rocky Mountain Division
- $160 for NSP patrollers
- $200 for affiliates
- $250 for non-affiliated
Costs cover lodging , one dinner (Sat night), and handouts. Students are responsible for all other meals, and all textbooks. There is a large kitchen available to prepare meals at the house.
This course will be backcountry oriented and required gear includes AT or telemark skis with full metal edges and skins or split boards with climbing skins, and avalanche safety gear. Students should be able to climb 2000 vertical feet at elevations of 11,000 ft comfortably.
- Level 1 Avalanche for Rescue Personnel (within the last 3 years or show current involvement)
- Fill out the application form and be accepted into the course
- Complete several interactive pre-course assignments throughout the winter.
Contact Instructor of Record to receive course application. Applicants will be chosen with preference to those who will further the NSP RMD avalanche program. Course size is limited. Registration deadline Dec 20, 2020
Instructor of Record Cindy Gagnon email@example.com
Post expires at 2:56pm on Thursday April 2nd, 2020