The Rocky Mountain Division honors the dedication of its members with a college scholarship fund. The purpose of the award is to support an undergraduate student in his or her college career. The scholarship is available to registered members of National Ski Patrol units within the Rocky Mountain Division and their children.
Up to three $1,000 scholarships will be awarded each year.
- The applicant or the applicant’s parent(s) must currently be a registered member of the National Ski Patrol, Rocky Mountain Division.
- The applicant must intend to enroll in an accredited two or four-year college or university in the United States. Acceptance at an institution is not required for the application but must be accomplished before June 1 of the scholarship year.
- The applicant must be a student in good standing at an accredited public or private secondary or postsecondary school.
- The applicant shall have a GPA of 2.75 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- The applicant must submit a transcript from his or her current school including the past fall semester.
- The applicant must submit three letters of support and recommendations from outside the applicant’s own family. These letters shall support personal character, scholarship, leadership potential and, if applicable, work in the RMD of NSP.
- The applicant shall submit a typed paragraph of 250 words or less discussing his or her professional interests, abilities, and intentions, as well as any special considerations related to the application. In short, the applicant should answer the question, “Why do you deserve to be awarded a scholarship?”
- A prior recipient of the scholarship is ineligible to apply for a subsequent scholarship.
- Financial need is not a requirement for the award.
Click on the “Links” menu button at the top of Homepage to apply.
Contact the RMD Scholarship Administrator Bill Cotton with any questions.
The Rocky Mountain Division of the National Ski Patrol does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy.
Post expires at 8:17pm on Wednesday April 1st, 2020